- A Step-By-Step Guide to Hiring a Live-in Nanny Step by step guide to hiring a caregiver through the "Live-In Caregiver Program"
- Helpful Tools For Your Nanny : Activity Schedule A helpful way for your nanny to track after-school activities.
- Helpful Tools For Your Nanny : Children’s Information A way for your nanny to track all important information regarding your child and important contact numbers.
- Live-In Caregiver Program: What You Need to Get Started! What exactly do you need to provide in order to apply for the "Live-In Caregiver Program"
Frequently Asked Questions
What kind of support will I receive from Ayah Nannies?
An orientation package including thorough information regarding Human Resources and Skills Development Canada (HRSDC ) paperwork, work permits, and anything else you may need to know regarding becoming an employer will be provided.
Ayah Nannies will provide on-going support during and after the hiring process. Maintaining integrity, trust and loyalty through a high level of customer service is important to us. We will be in constant contact with you throughout the entire hiring process with updates, once the nanny starts working in your home Ayah Nannies will also provide extensive follow-up.
For a live in nanny can the employer deduct room and board?
Yes, an employer can deduct a minimum for room and board and is subject to the Provincial/Territorial Employment Standards Act. It is not standard practice to deduct meals/local telephone use/cable/internet charges.
What is the salary range for the nanny?
Salaries for both live in or live out nannies is based on experience and any special skills, a starting point is minimum wage based on the Provincial/Territorial Employment Standards Act
How long does the hiring process take?
Hiring an overseas nanny can take from 6 to 8 months. For a local nanny, time can vary depending on the requirements and availability.
- Find out if you are eligible to hire a caregiver under the “Live-In Caregiver Program”
- FAQ about the “Live-In Caregiver Program” responded to by the Government of Canada
- Employer responsibilities, information regarding holidays, vacation, deductions, wages and overtime. Tools and calculators available to help employers calculate entitlements
- Obtain your business number with CRA
- Information regarding payroll
- Understand your PD7A form
- Helpful breakdown of the costs of daycare versus having a live-in caregiver